General Practice - Information on GP Workforce
You are now viewing an archive version of the ISD website. To see the current version please go to www.isdscotland.org.
Number of GPs in post 1 by GP post type and gender: 2008 - 2010 2
r Revised. Figures for 2008 and 2009 may differ from those previously published due to improvements in source data quality.
1. Excludes GPs working only on a locum/sessional basis and the majority of those working only in Out of Hours services.
2. Data are as at 30 September.
3. The all GPs total comprises actual headcount of GPs, rather than GPs posts; therefore it may not equal the sum of the different types of GP post.
4. ST = Specialist Trainee, previously and generally known as GP registrar.
Source: General Practitioner Contractor Database (GPCD), ISD Scotland. (Data extract taken at 11 November 2010).
Excel version of this table, 2004-2010 (37KB)
Number of GPs in post, by designation:
- by NHS Board as at 30 September 2010 (data for 2004-2010 also available in Excel (62KB))
- by CHP/CHCP as at 30 September 2010 (data for 2006-2010 also available in Excel (79KB))